ScienceWeather

WINTER 2013-2014

Jeb

WINTER 2013-2014

Existing sig on American Wx Forums

Thats a great sign. Wes is the medical examiner of this board. He shows up, delivers a grim prognosis and picks up the body. As long as the prospects are alive and kicking no need for the toe tag guy. CRAZYBLIZZARD

It is like atmospheric magic. A meteorologist could not have co-located everything at once at the same time over one area. Tanking mid level heights with the incoming PV max, the most divergent portion of that upper jet coupling, strong 600-800 frontal forcing, strong low level moist theta-e advection into the frontal circulation, and extreme convergence into the low level cyclone. I am thinking this is going to be ripping heavy TSSN over N IL like nothing before. baroclinic_instability

This is a pretty nasty combination of a pretty good thermodynamic environment with some excellent shear. Fairly steep ML lapse rates combining with increase low-level WAA and moisture transport and increasing theta-e is really helping to not only keep things unstable but helping to destabilize the atmosphere even further!
Supercell composite parameter is 20 with sig tor of 4...that's insane for this time of night. You even have Dcape values over 1000 J/KG.
weatherwiz

12.24.12 - Hour or so of snow showers, no accums. | 12/26/12 - 0.25" snow |1.23.13 - 1.5 inch snow, 1.25.13 T 2 days snow cover
3 days snow cover so far in 2012-2013 winter

It is like atmospheric magic. A meteorologist could not have co-located everything at once at the same time over one area. Tanking mid level heights with the incoming PV max, the most divergent portion of that upper jet coupling, strong 600-800 frontal forcing, strong low level moist theta-e advection into the frontal circulation, and extreme convergence into the low level cyclone. I am thinking this is going to be ripping heavy TSSN over N IL like nothing before. baroclinic_instability

/b]It is like atmospheric magic. A meteorologist could not have co-located everything at once at the same time over one area. Tanking mid level heights with the incoming PV max, the most divergent portion of that upper jet coupling, strong 600-800 frontal forcing, strong low level moist theta-e advection into the frontal circulation, and extreme convergence into the low level cyclone. I am thinking this is going to be ripping heavy TSSN over N IL like nothing before.[/b] baroclinic_instability

[/b]It is like atmospheric magic. A meteorologist could not have co-located everything at once at the same time over one area. Tanking mid level heights with the incoming PV max, the most divergent portion of that upper jet coupling, strong 600-800 frontal forcing, strong low level moist theta-e advection into the frontal circulation, and extreme convergence into the low level cyclone. I am thinking this is going to be ripping heavy TSSN over N IL like nothing before.[/b] baroclinic_instability

It is like atmospheric magic. A meteorologist could not have co-located
everything at once at the same time over one area. Tanking mid level heights with the incoming PV max,
the most divergent portion of that upper jet coupling, strong 600-800 frontal forcing, strong low level
moist theta-e advection into the frontal circulation, and extreme convergence into the low level cyclone. I
am thinking this is going to be ripping heavy TSSN over N IL like nothing before.
everything at once at the same time over one area. Tanking mid level heights with the incoming PV max,
the most divergent portion of that upper jet coupling, strong 600-800 frontal forcing, strong low level
moist theta-e advection into the frontal circulation, and extreme convergence into the low level cyclone. I
am thinking this is going to be ripping heavy TSSN over N IL like nothing before.

----------------------------------

---------------------------

As of 840pm Mon Dec 9 2013 when I first cleaned up my sig on American Wx Forums for the new 2013-2014 winter

12/8/13...1" SN/IP then a third of an inch ZR
Final version for today:

12/8/13...1" SN/IP + 1/3 inch ZR

----------------------