Jeb

Check out this page:

http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum....g=ws-crimeforum

Here is the latest from that thread:

Crime

Jason's Pub/Help: Thread #5803

How to NOT Be Abducted

1 Apr-11 From: Merzi [WizOp] To: ALL

I recently came across this. I think it offers some really good tips - and quite a shock about the crying baby routine. Have any more tips to offer?

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, DO SO!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you.... chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage: A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, in the back seat and underneath the car. B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars. C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. ! (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked for help into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded, and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear a baby crying outside their doors, when they're home alone at night.

10. Never pick up a hitchhiker who is a stranger to you, even if it is a kid. Someone might be hiding and waiting to jump into your car when you stop. Dangerous people come in all ages!

2 Apr-12 From: Kitty42katt To: Merzi [WizOp]

>> He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear a baby crying outside their doors, when they're home alone at night.>>

Plus, I've heard that they use small dogs,or puppies,barking as well.

Also,if you're driving at night and Stop at a red light,and someone hits your bumper,Don't get out to check it, go to the nearest police dept,Always be aware of what kind of car is behind you ,so you can give discription to Police. Always check out where your Police Dept. is,if you're new in area.

If you think you're being followed,make a few un-nessary turns,if you are being followed,they will follow you,LEAD them to the police Dept. I have HAD both of the above happen to me,when I lived in Euclid Ohio. When I came out,w/police There the car was setting across street,on a side road,,waiting for me to come out. I told Police,,,there's the car,!!. both of my would be,,(rapists) got caught. I thanked God I had sense to do those things.

Kitty

3 Apr-13 From: Merzi [WizOp] To: Kitty42katt

>> both of my would be,,(rapists) got caught. I thanked God I had sense to do those things.

You are one VERY lucky woman. Good thing you kept your wits about you!

4 Apr-13 From: Suesangelwings To: Kitty42katt

Plus, I've heard that they use small dogs,or puppies,barking as well.

THAT would be my downfall.

I told Police,,,there's the car,!!. both of my would be,,(rapists) got caught. I thanked God I had sense to do those things.

OMG You were lucky! Someone was watching over you that day!

Good tips Kitty, from both you and Merzi.

5 Apr-13 From: Foxy To: Kitty42katt

If you think you're being followed,make a few un-nessary turns,if you are being followed,they will follow you,LEAD them to the police Dept. I have HAD both of the above happen to me,when I lived in Euclid Ohio. >>

Hi Fellow-Buckeye.....When I taught in the Bedford Public Schools I didn't own a car and would walk everywhere I went until the day I was being followed...When I noticed some jerk following me one day I ducked into a Bakery until he was gone and then had the owner of the Bakery walk me to the nearest Car Lot......that's when I bought my first car in the fall of '58.......It was a green and white '56 Ford and it got me around for several years with little maintenance.

6 Apr-13 From: Kitty42katt To: Foxy

>>When I noticed some jerk following me one day I ducked into a Bakery until he was gone and then had the owner of the Bakery walk me to the nearest Car Lot......that's when I bought my first car in the fall of '58.......It was a green and white '56 Ford and it got me around for several years with little maintenance. <<

Isn't that the most scarey feeling? You were sure lucky to be by an open bakery.

Mine happened at 3:am,with nothing open for me to go to,and I sure wasn't going to lead them to my house. The reason I was out at that hour,I worked at the Brown Derby Steak house,On Lake Shore Drive,near Rt.305 in Willowick,from 5pm,till 2am,and had to stay till last person was done,usually got on the road around 3am,it was about 10 miles from my house,on E222nd st, near the fire department..But the Police station came first,so thats where I headed.

You may remember when the " bump your bumper" crimes were going on, in the early 70's..a couple women got raped,and some got robbed. The one who hit mine was at 222nd,and Lake Shore....(God Sure takes Care of ME) As he was storming up to me,,I hit the gas,made a left and headed for P.S...he came barrelling after me,,and Almost had a wreck,when he realized he turned into police parking lot,With all the screeching brakes,the police came out I hollered "get him",Told them what happened.They took off after him.......

Your ford would be worth money today. I had a friend with a Ford Falcon,and it started in all kinds of "cold" weather. Do you still have a ford product?

Kitty

7 Apr-13 From: Kitty42katt To: Suesangelwings

>>OMG You were lucky! Someone was watching over you that day!<<

Yes Sue,,God has watched over me all my life.And I thank Him for it. 2 other "near" misses I've had, but too much to try and tell. Just remember,when your "intution" tells you something is "wrong" believe it,It is God talking to you.

Kitty

8 Apr-13 From: Kitty42katt To: Merzi [WizOp]

>>You are one VERY lucky woman. Good thing you kept your wits about you! <<

Yes Merzi, I really am. Thank you.

I truly hope those tips will save some one from being Attacked. And regardless of how scared you are...force fourself to keep your wit's.

Kitty

9 Apr-14 From: Foxy To: Kitty42katt

Your ford would be worth money today. I had a friend with a Ford Falcon,and it started in all kinds of "cold" weather. Do you still have a ford product? >>

Oh my No, but I've had several Fords over the years.......liked every one of them,too.....

10 Apr-14 From: Suesangelwings To: Kitty42katt

Yes Sue,,God has watched over me all my life.And I thank Him for it. 2 other "near" misses I've had, but too much to try and tell. Just remember,when your "intution" tells you something is "wrong" believe it,It is God talking to you.

Oh Kitty I really believe that. The Lord speaks in many ways. :)

When Oprah says to listen to your inner voice, I do! Sometimes you just KNOW.

11 Apr-19 From: DC. To: Merzi [WizOp]

Strange you never posted the one I think is most important.

11. Always carry a firearm, and know how to use it.

DC.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee)

12 Apr-19 From: C.A.T To: Kitty42katt

Just remember,when your "intution" tells you something is "wrong" believe it,It is God talking to you.

Very good advise. Its so true.

13 Apr-19 From: Kitty42katt To: C.A.T

>>> Very good advise. Its so true.<<<

Hi CAT.....Thanks. I know for a fact that its true,from experiences I have had.

Kitty

14 Apr-19 From: C.A.T To: Kitty42katt

Well I think everybody thats been here on the forum has heard my story about what happened to me back in the seventies I was living in Memphis I'll try to keep it short and to the point.

I had my daughters ages 3&4 and I went to the grocery store. I was cashing a check and noticed two men watching me, I went ahead and wenyt shopping,I noticed they were in a few isles and I got that gut feeling there was something wrong but by the time I finished shopping I didn't see them anymore. I got the kids in the car and drove home forgetting about them Well we had a carport down there. I got out of the car with the girls and they pulled up in front of the house.We had a large front yard and they started to come up but I hurried and they were saying can we use your phone,I knew they were up to no good I hurried in the house and got my German shepards out (still have a picture of one in the files)

I guess between the dogs barking and my getting into the house they left Now I'm positive who it was I am sure it was Henry Lucas heard of him? Hes a serial killer and his younger friend. After that happened he was on the news and I recognised him!

I'll never forget that as long as I live Thank god I was alert enought that I recopgniosed them right off the bat as being from the store. God was watching out for me and my girls.

I called my husband home from work .

15 12:07 AM From: Kitty42katt To: C.A.T

>>I'll never forget that as long as I live Thank god I was alert enought that I recopgniosed them right off the bat as being from the store. God was watching out for me and my girls.<<

OH I Know,,you'll never forget. THank God,,,for His ever watchful Presents....

Thank you for your story. I enjoy reading "true" maricale like that.

Kitty

16 7:48 AM From: pacoxavir To: Kitty42katt

13. Should someone actually try to grab

you, start screaming! Call people's

attention to you, criminals do not like

that. Yell Fire! instead of Help!: People

respond faster to the former, while many

will actually flee from you if they hear the

latter.

14. If you are walking alone, stick to the

curb-side of the street, away from corners.

Stay in well lighted areas.

15. If you suspect someone's following you,

cross the street, if they do also, then

you're being stalked.

16. Keep a set of keys in your right hand, sticking their ends between fingers. That makes for a nasty close quarters weapon, if you have to use it, go for the eyes or the face. Then run!

17 8:09 AM From: Kitty42katt To: pacoxavir

>>14. If you are walking alone, stick to the

curb-side of the street, away from corners.<<

Also,,,if you can walk in the middle of the street.And avoid tall shubry if you can.

>>16. Keep a set of keys in your right hand, sticking their ends between fingers. That makes for a nasty close quarters weapon, if you have to use it, go for the eyes or the face. Then run! <<

Go for the EARS also.......Slap him with both hands open,,on both ears,Pops their ear drumb,if you do it hard enough,than runnnnnn.

A good kick between the legs,does good too,with a high heel shoe,( but don't have to be a high heel) At least lets you get away..

I carry a old fashion can oper with me,(Juice,can opener now days)With the sharp hook on it, when I have to be out on a parking lot,or place thats scarey. There are lots of things we can do,IF we not too scared too.

Kitty

18 8:40 AM From: myheadhertz To: Kitty42katt

A good tip but this story sounds bogus to me... unless these men we already wanted for a previous crime, how could could they be arrested for sitting in a parked car? How do you know they were going to rape you? Are you that attractive that they would follow you to a Police station and risk getting caught?

19 9:16 AM From: Kitty42katt To: myheadhertz

>>> unless these men we already wanted for a previous crime, how could could they be arrested for sitting in a parked car?<<<

re-read the story,, He was waiting for me,, to leave the police Station,car was running,,,,was not a parking spot,. That was the follower,,,,,,,

>> Are you that attractive that they would follow you to a Police station and risk getting caught?<<<

I've always been told I was.Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

The one who hit my bumper, was chaseing me,,, Didn't know I was turning into police lot,he never stopped,when he saw where he was,kept going , he was seen by the police as he chashed me..... there was a few of those bumper hits before mine, One was raped others was robbed.Was why I knew what to do, I was lucky. Was not gonna find out which it was.

>>A good tip but this story sounds bogus to me... <<<

nothing bogus,it was real.

>>How do you know they were going to rape you? <<

I didn't know that they were,but than I didn't wait around to see,,,,why else would he be following me as he was.

Kitty

20 10:48 AM From: azure480 To: myheadhertz

Kitty's story goes to show you that some criminals will go to extreme methods to go after who they want. You never know exactly how a criminal chooses a victim and why some women get stalked and others don't. It's not just about being attractive, there are many reasons why someone gets pegged by a criminal and that's why all women have to be careful, not just the supermodels. I also think it's not just about an easy target all the time, sometimes killers become so transfixed on someone and they will lay elaborate traps to get someone. I have had to drive over the police station twice after it became obvious I was being followed and I have been offered rides home by strange men just coming out of class at my college, and it's not like I was on the cover of Cosmo this month. It's really unnerving, and now I always watch my rearview mirror like a hawk, I carry my keys between my fingers like a knife when I am walking around, and I alwasy scan around when I am walking to my car, you just never know who is watching you. Not only have I been followed, but a lot of my friends have had this happen to them, and we're all normal people, so any woman who is alone should be very careful because there are some pretty messed up people walking around and you may catch their eye for one reason or another.

21 11:01 AM From: vza9933 To: Merzi [WizOp]

Why isn't carrying a lethal (gun) or nonlethal (mace, taser) weapon on that list?

All three work helluva better than a set of keys.

Mace is probably the least effective though, since it relies on pain and discomfort which may be subdued senses if the criminal is high on drugs.

Taser will work as well as a firearm (obviously without permanent damage though) because it interrupts motor neurons, it doesn't matter if you're too high to feel pain, you'll still drop like a ton of bricks and be unable to move as long as current is applied.

A gun is the most Darwinian solution (rub the criminal out of the gene pool) and my personal choice, but the trade off is you have to make damn sure of what you're shooting at, since the public frowns on the shooting of innocent bystanders. Sometimes you may not even have to shoot, criminals look for easy targets and tend to scatter at the sight of an armed "victim".

22 11:16 AM From: southdirrty To: Merzi [WizOp]

Those are some very good tactics to use when out and about. Another good tactic is to find out what you must do to obtain a fire arm in your state. (Yall yankees may have a bit of trouble but it can be done legally)and get very familiar with it. You should practice and learn the correct time to pull out and use it and when not to. Not only that but learn diversion techniques that can give you a window of oppertunity to act. ACTION IS ALWAYS QUICKER THAN RE-ACTION. Learn the effectiveness of your weapon, the range of the weapon and how to operate it. Having a gun is not a sure way to prtect yourself. YOUR MIND IS ALWAYS YOUR FIRST WEAPON. Proper training is needed (more than a few hours every other month). A concealed handgun is a dangerous weapon and may not be allowed in your state, but crime happens in all states.Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. Tuck your gun in your purse at least while going in and out the house because a criminal will want to get you at a point where you are most vulerable, such as your hands full of shopping bags, fumbling around with keys at your front door. a criminal will then want to remove you from the view of the public as not to draw attention, such as force you into your house and have his way with you. (Most violent or sexual criminals are MEN). When unloading groceries or what ever your first trip should be with nothing more than what one hand can carry and unlock the door with, your other hand should be on your gun ( Concealed in your purse) ready for the worst possible situation. unload the rest of the car in the same manner. Better safe than sorry.

23 11:44 AM From: O skiffy To: Merzi [WizOp]

Yes, I have a couple of more suggestions. Well more than

a couple.

1. Pray. Ask the Lord to have His angels guarding

you all of the time. Believe me,this works.

2. Never drive or ride in a car which is not locked...

all doors locked because predators try to get into

cars at red lights. The same applies to windows

which are rolled down enough for them to put a

hand through; however in the event that you make

this mistake, stomp on the gas...run the red light

even if it means dragging the predator along with

your car. We're talking your life here; so, don't

worry about injury to the predator because he

certainly isn't worried about the harm he has

planned for you.

3. Become aware of the fact that one can be abducted in

broad daylight as well as midnight or the wee early

hours of the morning. Don't fall for the 5 AM to

8 AM hoax. We live in a violent world; so, keep

this fact in the forefront of your mind: PREDATORS

PREY AT ALL TIMES OF THE DAY AND NIGHT.

4. Carry pepper mace with you at all times, and I can

assure you that it works. Run and

I mean run after it's used and do your utmost to

be upwind when you use it because you don't want

it in your eyes too. Wash your hands after using

it. Because when you spray it, some of it will be

on the container; so, wash it off too.

5. Never and I mean never park in an isolated area

with your guy friend because predators watch those

areas closely.

6. Never leave the windows of your home open even

during the daytime or the doors of your home

unlocked. I mean lock them regardless of the fact

that you're running in for something and will be

running out quickly.

7. It's a good idea to have storm windows over all

of your windows. The type which lock from the

inside. PEOPLE DO COME IN VIA THE WINDOWS

OF VICTIM'S HOMES REGARDLESS OF THE FACT

THAT WE'RE TOLD THAT THEY USE DOORS PRIMARILY,

THIS ISN'T TRUE. STORM DOORS OVER YOUR OUTSIDE

DOORS ARE HELPFUL.

8. Don't assume that you're safe because a female

is present because females can be sexual predators

as well as males; therefore, the presence of a

couple isn't a guarantee of safety.

9. Stay in good physical shape, but DO NOT run or

walk in isolated areas.

10. If possible ALWAYS CARRY A CELL PHONE WITH YOU.

Call or drive to the nearest police station if

you're being followed, and to know if this is

true or not, watch your rear view mirror.

11. Another thing is that it's better to be with other

people whenever possible and not alone.

12. Last, but most assuredly not least, DO NOT SHOW

FEAR BECAUSE THESE BOTTOM-FEEDERS FEED OFF OF FEAR.

While all of this may sound paranoid as the person

who wrote the original post stated,remember we're talking

about your life and/or the quality of life you

have after one of these sorry excuses for human beings

do ungodly harm.

24 11:59 AM From: southdirrty To: O skiffy

Being covered in the blood of Jesus is a good weapon but as you know, the devil is a persistant lil ####. I am covered with HIs blood but I still carry my 10 milli and my .40 cal with me just in case. As for a female sexual predator, if she rapes a man, IS IT RAPE or NON consenual sex? Probably the latter of the 2 until he is "up and ready to go" then it becomes a twisted randsom act of plesure. I dont let my gaurd down just because it is a woman. I dont trust ANYBODY. I am a man and if a woman tries to rob me i will blow her head off before blinking twice. I DONT DISCRIMINATE. I am trained and will use my skills to protect myself and family. Black- White- Male- Female- 79 years old- or 7 or 9 years old. If a small child pulled a gun on me i would blast him and my wife would too. Its DIRRTY down here.

25 12:15 PM From: kgo54 To: southdirrty

Right on, the only way to protect onself in this society is to arm oneself with a CCW and make the criminal element wonder, "is that person trouble?" I feel much safer when I'm around armed, law abiding citizens, willing to make a difference!

26 From: ALL To: ALL

27 12:39 PM From: kristophercfisk To: vza9933

A firearm loades with self-defense ammo is not neccesarily meant to be lethal, unfortunately that is the general by-product. Jacketed hollow point rounds exapand upon contact with the target, making a bigger but shallower wound channel. The HOPE is that the pain caused by massive trauma will stop the attack, while the round will not overpenetrate and hit others behind. I don't think anyone really wants to kill another person in self defense (I don't) but I recognize that it would more likely than not be necessary to preserve myself and my family. And, guns are straight up the most effective way to stop a crime without ever even pulling the trigger. Trust me, people run when they look down the bore of a handgun held by a citizen determined not to be victimized.

28 12:44 PM From: DawnMarre To: southdirrty

I have been raped so many different times in my life and still to this day do not know how I survived them since each situation was different- This is my favorite survival story of one of those times that I would like to share if it will help anyone out.......P.S. Opps! to "All".....

It was about 1989 0r so, maybe a few yrs give or take, at this time hitchhiking was not too bad yet, but on the rise as becoming more dangerous. It was in the afternoon, and I was late due to stupidity of my own, and I hitched a ride with a "business man" in an old VW van in good condition, not shabby mind you. So it looked safe enough, and onto the highway we went. About a mile up or so, he reached to his left and under his seat a bit, and pulls out a gun, which I thought was because he was afraid I might hurt him! He remained calm the whole time, and then points it at me and says I shouldnt try anything stupid, too late, already done! He got off a few exits later and pulls onto a country road leading to a shooting range! I was trembling with fear, and my only thought was that I was now going to die alone in a field where no one would care if a gun was shot... I asked him calmly- why are you doing this- he only replyed that I get in back and take off my clothes. I thought he would make me get out- but this felt much safer for some reason, and I started thinking- -cant this guy get layed any better than this?! So here goes the wierd thoughts in my head and I start being nice to him out of instinct or whatever, for some reason this felt like it would save my life, and I actually started to ask him if he did this to get layed often! and he says YES! Okay- I'm thinking quicker now! And I tell him that maybe he needs to find a better way! He says all woman are bitches, and I reply- I'm not! You just havent gone to the right places to find a good one. He says how do you know, what are you only 19 or so? I said so, and he says, you know, you are right, and starts talking to me, and asking my advice, as a gun is at my head and he is raping me, and he is being very nice for some reason at this point, very calm, and reasonable, this is so weird I'm thinking! And all I want to do is LIVE! WHAT IF HE STILL PULLS THE TRIGGER! Oh no, he gets dressed and still asks me about what I think he should do, and I tell him as we calmly drive me where I need to go, all the while I am telling him places to meet good women, who are not going to reject him as easily as in a bar where he normally went. I asked him not to do it this way anymore and he tells me he wont!!!!!! I am dropped off right before the exit I need, and off he goes as a confident man, and I am so freaked and dazed still that I dont get the plate #!!!! AAAHHH! I was happy to be alive!!!!! But I never have forgot that face and could pick him out in a heartbeat, yet I feel I not only helped him to not actually kill someone next time, but I feel that this man never did do this again..... somehow I know he hasnt- Its all so weird- and I hope I accomplished at least that much to help someone who couldnt ask for it otherwise. I will never forget.......how stupid I was either.......

29 1:03 PM From: DawnMarre To: ALL

P.S.

Always tell someone where you are going and when to expect you back!

And watch those action movies carefully! They are full of survival techniques, even if the pizza boy comes knocking- you'll knock him out first- with the door!

30 1:03 PM From: user20646 To: Merzi [WizOp]

I cant imagine why more women arent carrying handguns. Only a few states won't give out a permit to carry a handgun on your person. The odds of being shot in the back by any decent shot are much greater than four percent and most semi-automatics hold 15-17 rounds. Don't wait for the police to save you, do it yourself and get a handgun permit.

http://www.packing.org - This website shows you where and how to get your state's handgun permit.

31 1:07 PM From: gibsonariel To: C.A.T

Henry Lucas,

I heard of him on A&E and someother shows.

Thank God you got away/home safe! That's scary!

I must be reading this for a reason I know.

Archived